By Julia Amting
So I’ve never really done a post explaining why I do this. Why I write these posts. And why I haven’t given it up yet.
The Liebster Award
One of the amazing things I’ve found out about blogging is the huge online support system that comes with it. And I am super excited and honored to be nominated to receive the Liebster Blogging Award by Alina Marcu, a lifestyle blogger who encourages women to healthier living – body, mind, and soul. Check it out here!
1. Tiffany Kavuma – http://www.jesusfreesusblog.com
2. Betty Predmore – http://bettypredmore.com/blog/
3. Ashley Colvin – http://farmorepreciousthanrubies.com
4. Sarah Elsbury – https://tangledperfection.com
5. Jillian Elizabeth – http://www.shelivesvintage.com
6. Yoora Park – http://www.chasethewisdom.com
7. Alison Tiemeyer – http://www.alisontiemeyer.com
8. LeNae Soliz Baker – http://www.yourstrulylenae.com
9. Kristin – http://www.onehailmaryatatime.com
10. Keela – http://www.wholeheartedlymessy.com
11. Carmen Brown – http://www.marriedbyhisgrace.com
12. Jessica Anne – http://www.jessanneweb.wordpress.com
13. Ashley Mae – http://www.thebellelifeblog.com
14. Brandi – http://www.becomingundoneblog.com
15. Michelle Benzinger – http://www.transformingbeautyshop.com
There are a few steps you have to take in order accept this award:
1.Write a blog post about how and why you’ve started this blog.
2. Include the person who nominated you into your blog post, add a link to their blog and a short description of what they write about, their activity.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
4. Give new bloggers two pieces of advice.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated for this award and provide the link to your post.
And as for advice for bloggers, I say
a) Just write. And don’t stress. Write not what you think you should be saying, but what you need to say. You have unique perspectives and stories and don’t be afraid to get em out there. Writers write. Say what you think needs to be said, and stick with it! Go bravely, and let the Spirit guide you, and let the creative and frustrating process of learning happen.
b) Don’t get overwhelmed by the whole social media thing. It’s totally okay to take it all in steps and learn as you go. And also remember that it’s not all about you. Look at your writing as your gift to the world, and it will shift your perspective dramatically. Somehow the undertaking of blogging feels worlds more purposeful when I remember that I don’t do it for me.
Go Bravely. All will be well. Have a good day friends.